Saturday, October 17, 2009

Waffle-Pancake Mix (gluten-free)

This recipe is from my friend, Alli. She's a gluten-free diva! Thanks Alli, I love these pancakes!

1 cup oats (gluten-free)
1/4 cup millet or cornmeal
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup raw cashews
1-2 TBS apple juice or apple sauce or 1 date
2 TBS cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4-2 cups water

Blend all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or vita mix. Add the 2 cups of water slowly. The consistency will seem runny at first. Use less water for a little bit thicker pancakes or waffles.

Poor onto hot griddle or waffle iron. For pancakes cook until the top side bubble, then flip. For waffles, cook until the batter steams.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't these absolutely delicious? These were one of the things I craved last year in Oklahoma! They are really good with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a splash of maple syrup, and your terrific canned peaches, Alisa! I remember thats how Alli and I ate them last. I think we ate the whole jar too afterwards!

    ReplyDelete