Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Cookies


Some of you have been asking for this recipe...so here it is. I can't take the credit for this one. My dearest friend Mary and her mom and sisters gave me this fabulous recipe! They'll make you happy!

Happy Cookies
(Maple Walnut Cookies)
From Mary Banducci

2 ½ cup Walnuts
1 cup Gluten-free oats
1/3 cup Flaxseed Meal
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla
½ cup plus 2 Tbs Maple Syrup or Honey or Agave Nectar
1/3 cup Carob or Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In the bowl of a food processor, grind the walnuts into a coarse meal. Add the oatmeal and grind again in food processor. Add the flaxseed meal. Dump the contents of the food processor into a medium size mixing bowl and add salt, vanilla, and maple syrup/honey/agave nectar. Mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate/carob chips.

Drop dough on cookie sheet with a spoon and flatten with a fork or the back of the spoon.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Make sure to check the cookies often. Take them out of the oven before they look completely cooked. Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store in a container with a lid so the cookies don’t dry out.

Buon appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Love these cookies, just a note to add that I like to experiment with other additives and my current favorite is a combination of 1/3 cup carob chips plus 1/3 cup craisins. Also I usually grind up 1/3 cup flax seeds which is more than 1/3 cup flax meal that's been pre-ground, but thats just how I make em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden Flax seeds are the best! they taste so buttery! I can't wait for my Azure shipment to come in next week! I think I use a whole cup of chocolate chips - I can't help myself.
    I think your blog is absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete